- CHROMACON operates as a cash-and-carry art exhibition – art is removed from the venue as it is sold (except for items which cannot be moved easily or in a case where the buyer and exhibitor comes to an agreement to remove art at end of day).
- CHROMACON is not responsible for any copyright and/or trademark infringements made by registered exhibitors. Any legal action that may result from copyright and/or trademark infringement is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
- CHROMACON reserves the right to full curatorial control of exhibition and will remove items from the event at their discretion if a case of copyright and/or trademark infringement is suspected.
Exhibitors are not permitted to sell trademarked, or commercially available products unless they have received the express permission of the proper rights holders or these products are their own intellectual property.
- Parents of exhibitors under the age of 16 must give their consent upon registration and also accompany the exhibitor on the day of the event.
- Whilst CHROMACON has a strong stance against censorship of artworks, if exhibitors do plan on exhibiting artworks featuring mature themes, they should notify event staff upon registration or at any time prior to the event.
- All work exhibited must be the exhibitor’s own and not a copy/ reproduction of another creator unless it is part of an anthology/ compilation or the exhibitor has permission from the original creator.
- Exhibitors displaying/ selling artworks based on heavily on another piece (i.e. photograph as reference) must first obtain permission from the copyright owner of the source work.
- Exhibitors curate their own booth space; however CHROMACON reserves the right to intervene at any time during the event.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that all work to be showcased must be ready to hang, install, displayed, or ready for assembly.
- All work for sale must be labelled correctly.
- All display panel-hung pieces must be easy to remove from the panel – if a piece requires direct attachment to the panel it will not be exhibited.
- All display panel-hung pieces must not exceed more than 1.5m x 1.5m in measurement and 15kg per panel.
- There is no limit on the number of artworks/ products exhibitors may exhibit, however, work must be able to fit within your allocated booth space.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all transactions made at their own respective booths.
- CHROMACON is not responsible for any travel or accommodation costs incurred for exhibitors residing outside of Auckland.
- Exhibitors may set up their booths at 7.00AM (2 hours prior) on 8th April 2017 and be packed up by 7.00PM 9th April 2017 (2 hours post event).
3. BOOTH SPACE ALLOCATION
CHROMACON will do our utmost to ensure that all exhibitors are allocated a reasonable space that will receive favourable public exposure. CHROMACON reserves the right of final decision for exhibition booth allocation.
Exhibitors selected to exhibit at CHROMACON 2017 acknowledge that images submitted to CHROMACON as part of an application may be used as part of publicity for the show in the following manner: promotional brochures and posters, newspaper articles and advertising, website articles and marketing, CHROMACON newsletters, CHROMACON Facebook page, CHROMACON Twitter page, CHROMACON website, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, CHROMACON Show Guide, any video shot during the event and end of year report. As this publicity forms part of the marketing strategy for CHROMACON, exhibitors will not receive remuneration for the use of their work.
All exhibitors will be subject to a selection process. The selection panel reserves the right to accept or reject any artist for whatever reason and their decision is final.
After the selection process, you will be issued notification and further instructions relevant to your application.
6. EXHIBITION FEES AND CANCELLATION
- Exhibition fees for booth hire and other costs are due only if you are selected for the show – not before.
- Payments must be received within one week upon confirmation of your registration in order to secure your booth preference.
- Your fee must be received by 1st February 2017 in order to secure your right to exhibit at CHROMACON 2017.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations 3 months or less prior to the event.
- The right to exhibit at CHROMACON is absolutely non-transferable and may not be resold.
- In the event of a cancellation your booth may be offered to other exhibitors.
CHROMACON has no insurance provision for artworks, therefore exhibitors are urged to make their own insurance arrangements in order to protect their work while in transit, in venue awaiting setup, at the exhibition or packing up at end of event.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for the pricing of their own works.
- Even though CHROMACON does not have an official price range, we recommend exhibitors keep prices at an affordable yet professional range.
- Whilst we welcome all prices, anything priced from $500 upwards will be scrutinised closely.
9. VENUE POLICIES
- Exhibitors must ensure that at all times the noise levels at their booth are at a suitable level within the venue for the proper conduct of event.
- Indie game developers showcasing work at the CHROMACADE zone or any exhibitors showcasing interactive/ animation/ moving image work should supply their own headphones/ earphones.
- CHROMACON reserves the right to require exhibitors to lower any volume at their booth during the event if it is disrupting the event/ neighbouring booths.
B) PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES (WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION)
- CHROMACON is a strictly ‘no smoking’ event.
- No food or drinks are permitted inside the venue. Plain water stored in a plastic bottle are accepted, please do not use glass containers.
- Obstructing or obscuring emergency exits and exit signs at the venue. At least 3 meters of clearance is to be maintained at all times in respect of any egress. Fire hoses, alarms and switches must remain visible and accessible at all times and all articles used for display purposes must be fireproof. Open flames must be adequately supervised.
- Marking, painting, drilling or otherwise defacing any part of the venue, attaching sticky tape, pins, nails, staples, markers or ‘blu-tak’ to any part of the venue.
- Altering the structure, fittings, decorations or furnishings of the venue and obstructing art works at the venue.
- Suspending banners and other hanging display material from anything other than existing rigging points.
- Bringing any firearms, explosives, flammable liquids or other dangerous substances (including fireworks, pyrotechnics) to the venue.
- Conducting any lottery, raffle, betting, gambling or game of chance of any kind.
C) ELECTRICAL USE AND INSTALLATION
- No electrical devices are permitted to be installed or connected to any electricity supply at the venue without prior written permission.
- This restriction does not apply to consumer electronics such as laptops and cellphones.
- Exhibitors should carefully inspect tables and booth area prior to setup. Any damage found on floors, walls, pillars, all other furniture and equipment should be reported to CHROMACON staff at this time.
- If no damage is identified to CHROMACON staff prior to setup, it is accepted as implicit confirmation that the area is undamaged.
- Any damage found within the vicinity of the booth space during the course of CHROMACON 2017, and any associated repair costs, are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
10. HEALTH AND SAFETY
CHROMACON is not responsible for any injuries to exhibitors and/or members of the public, or for any costs incurred in such an event.